Baseball Blurbs by Bruce
Wenatchee 2, Kelowna 1 last night.
Kelowna (13-25) at Wenatchee (20-18) 7:05 tonight.
What A Difference A Day Makes
- Tuesday Kelowna wins 17-1 game takes 3 hours, 6 minutes. Last night Wenatchee wins 2-1 in a Sox season-low 2 hours, 3 minutes.
- Tuesday first two innings took an hour and seven minutes. Last night 28 minutes.
- It took only 59 minutes to play the first half last night (4½ innings).
- Home plate got a bit of a rest last night with three total runs. It had been stomped on an average of 15 times in the first 21 home games.
- Now 14 one-run league games for Sox...36.8 percent (14 of 38). They are 7-7.
- The 123-minute game last night is the shortest home contest of the last 42.
- Last night was the 11th straight game these two outfits have played “my turn, your turn” regarding winning. (Psst...don’t tell the Falcons.)
July 24 Games
Good start then not so good. Wenatchee won their first six games on the 24th and have now dropped three of their last five. The record: 8-3 overall and league, 3-3 home, 5-0 away and they have a two-game losing streak. Against Kelowna the Sox are 2-0, 7-5 in 2000 and again 7-5 in 2009.
East: Yakima Valley 22-16, WENATCHEE 20-18, Walla Walla 19-19, Kelowna 13-25
West: Bellingham 27-10, Victoria 17-20, Cowlitz 16-21, Kitsap 14-22
South: Corvallis 24-13, Bend 23-15, Medford 20-18, Klamath Falls 10-28
Who’s Hot: Bend has won 4 straight. Corvallis has won 6 of 7.
Who’s Not: Klamath Falls has lost 13 of 15. Yakima Valley has lost 5 of 6.