Wenatchee (4-2) at Medford (5-2) 6:35 tonight.
Deep South...Deep South of the Beaver State That Is
The AppleSox are off on their longest road trip of the season mileage-wise, an adventure to the two furthest outposts in the league (for Wenatchee anyway). The ball club will go a minimum of 1,050 miles depending on the route used. With six “away” games in as many days it also ties for the longest trip game-wise (next month Walla Walla and Yakima Valley for six).
Wenatchee vs. Medford
Started last season
- is facing the hottest team in the circuit tonight. The Rogues have reeled off five consecutive wins after dropping their first two games.
- is also going against the stingiest outfit. Medford is only allowing 2.4 runs per game. (The Sox allow 6.2.)
- and Medford split their six games a year ago, the Rogues taking two of three at Harry and David Field and the AppleSox winning two of three at home.
- has a one-game win streak over the Rogues.
- and Medford each lead their respective divisions.
- will play just this one three-game series this season.
What more appropriate team to play on June 14 than the squad that sports red, white and blue as their team colors, the Wenatchee AppleSox. The AppleSox have played a dozen games on this day celebrating our countries flag and have won three-quarters of them. They are 9-3 overall, are 5-2 in league games, 3-1 on the road and have a one-game losing streak (lost to Bellingham last year 3-2).
East: Wenatchee 4-2, Kelowna 3-3, Walla Walla 3-3, Yakima Valley 2-4
West: Bellingham 5-2, Kitsap 4-3, Victoria 4-3, Cowlitz 3-3,
South: Medford 5-2, Corvallis 3-3, Bend 2-6, Klamath Falls 1-5
Who’s Hot: Medford has won 5 straight. Wenatchee and Bellingham have won 4 of 5. Victoria has won 2 straight with giving up a run...the only shutouts in the league.
Who’s Not: Bend has lost 5 straight. Klamath Falls has lost 6 of 7. Yakima Valley has lost 4 of 5. Kitsap has lost 3 straight.