Medford 7, Wenatchee 2 yesterday.
Wenatchee (5-4) at Klamath Falls (2-7) 6:35 tonight.
Wenatchee vs. Klamath Falls
Started in 2011.
- leads 15-3 overall and in league.
- leads at Klamath Falls 8-1.
- has a one-game losing streak. After 11 consecutive wins the Gems won the final game the pair played last summer.
- has scored 10 or more runs in seven of the 15 games.
Klamath Falls is only 17 miles from the California border via Highway 97. From the Apple Capital to KF is 461 miles.
June 17 Games
A year ago on the 17th the AppleSox also played Klamath Falls and the Sox won 6-4. Overall on this day they are 8-5, league games 8-4, are undefeated and at 4-0 in road games and have a one-game win streak.
- Ten of the 12 WCL teams have scored 10 or more runs at least once...Bend and Kelowna have topped out at eight.
- Every team has given up at 10 or more runs at least once except Medford. The Rogues have never surrendered more than four.
- Top run producers (avg. per game): Bellingham 8.89, Kitsap 8.13 and Walla Walla 7.67. Wenatchee 10th at 4.87.
- Top run inhibitors: Medford 2.60, Cowlitz 3.67 and Yakima Valley 5.00. Wenatchee 8th at 6.00.
- If you like offense go to a Walla Walla game. Between the Sweets and their opponents an average of 16.45 runs are tallied.
- Like defense and good pitching?...catch Medford. They and their foes average 8.20 runs combined.
Home Field Advantage?
Kelowna finished a three-game home stand hosting Cowlitz. If nothing else the Falcons’ offense was consistent. The Black Bears prevailed 8-1, 11-1, 11-1.
East: WENATCHEE 5-4, Walla Walla 4-5, Yakima Valley 4-5, Kelowna 3-6
West: Cowlitz 6-3, Bellingham 6-3, Kitsap 5-3, Victoria 5-5
South: Medford 7-3, Corvallis 5-4, Bend 3-7, Klamath Falls 2-7