Five North Central Wines have been picked among the Seattle Times Top Northwest 50 Wines list for 2013.
Wine writer Andy Perdue singled out premier wines from Silvara Vineyards, Milbrandt Vineyards, Jones of Washington, Chateau Faire le Pont and Tsillan Estates in his Nov. 24 column for the Times. Perdue said the top wines were selected from more than 5,000 he tasted from Washington, Oregon and Idaho over the past year. All were picked through blind taste tests, meaning he had no knowledge of label, price or reputation to sway his choices.
All of the NCW wines picked were also top winners in this past year's NCW Wine Awards organized by Foothills Magazine and World Publishing. Perdue coordinated and was a judge for the event.
To view the whole story and list of all 50 wines, go to http://seattletimes.com/html/pacificnw/2022245011_1201grapevinexml.html
Here's the list of NCW wines and the rank where they appeared on the list:
9) Silvara Vineyards 2010 Quartet, Peshastin, $42
16) Milbrandt Vineyards 2010 The Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, Mattawa, $25
24) Jones of Washington 2012 Riesling, Quincy, $12
38) Chateau Faire le Pont 2009 Carmenere, Wenatchee, $40
48) Tsillan Cellars 2010 Estate Sangiovese, Chelan, $28