SUNNYSLOPE — Firefighters quickly doused a fire at a Sunnyslope house Wednesday afternoon after a neighbor reported smoke from a nearby residence.
A porch and one side of a house at 1015 Sage Crest Drive were blackened in the fire, believed to be caused by a cigarette dropped in a wastebasket, said Chelan County District 1 Firechief Mike Burnett. He said the fire caused about $1,000 damage. The fire was reported at 4:35 p.m.
“We were very lucky the fire was reported so fast,” Burnett said. A fire that started on a porch destroyed another Sunnyslope house only about a block away in late July, he said.