SPOKANE — A technician and two homeowners were taken to a Spokane hospital after suffering apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters responded Tuesday afternoon to a home in Mead where a technician working on a gas-fired water heater was found unconscious.
KXLY-TV reports that the first firefighter put on his oxygen mask before entering the home and found extremely high carbon monoxide readings.
After the technician was sent to the hospital, the homeowners complained of flu-like symptoms, which can also indicate carbon monoxide poisoning. They were sent to the hospital as well.