Thursday, December 6, 2012
100 years ago — 1912
• St. Luke’s Guild will meet tomorrow afternoon at the home of Mrs. H.K. Ellen on South Chelan Avenue.
• R.L. Thomas and Fleet C. Fraley of Columbia River were married Nov. 11 in Waterville. The groom works for Thomas Supply Co., general merchants of Columbia River, and is a former employee of Schade & Parshall Co. in Wenatchee.
• William Grant and Francis Hulseman of Lakeside were married last evening. The couple will make their home at the Reid place which adjoins Grant’s orchard property several miles up lake.
50 years ago — 1962
• M.L. Mackey has accepted a position as assistant manager of Mt. Adams Pear Orchard near White Salmon. For the last two years, Mackey has been field supervisor of the J.M. Wade Fruit Co. orchard at Malott. Before that he was manager of the Columbia Valley Ranch on Horse Lake Road for 17 years. During his years in the fruit business here, he was affiliated with the Growers’ Clearing House and Northwest Labor Supply.
• Mel Clapp, manager of Cascade Natural Gas Corp. in Wenatchee, has been named manager of the firm’s office in Walla Walla. He will take over there Dec. 17. Clapp’s replacement is Lowell Bemis, who has been manager of the Cascade office in Baker, Ore. Clapp joined the firm about six years ago in Wenatchee. He has been manager here for the last 18 months.
25 years ago — 1987
• Bob Rust, general manager, and Weinstein Beverage Co. were honored as November’s Small Business of the Month by the Small Business Council of the Wenatchee Area Chamber of Commerce. The firm has 53 employees and has been in business for 50 years. Bottlers and distributors of Pepsi and 7-Up products, the company serves Chelan, Douglas, Grant and Okanogan counties and parts of Ferry and Adams counties.
• Susan Droz has been promoted to personnel director for Security Bank. Previously an assistant vice president, she has worked for the bank since 1986.
• Mick Gough of North Cascades National Bank is staffing the bank’s loan office in Wenatchee at 610 N. Mission St.
• Ted L. Dalrymple was elected corporate vice president of marketing for Pennsylvania-based AMP Inc., a leading producer of electric and electronic connection devices. Dalrymple is a Waterville native.
MORE LIKE THIS
Saturday, May 18
The Flying Karamazov Brothers
Performing Arts Center of Wenatchee, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 19
Wenatchee Women's Show
Performing Arts Center of Wenatchee, 1 p.m.
Sunday, May 19
Local Author H.S. Clark is Signing His New Thriller at Hastings in Wenatchee
Hastings Entertainment, 315 9th St., Wenatchee, WA, 1 p.m.
Monday, May 20
Conquer Your Fear of Public Speaking - Toastmasters Meeting
First United Methodist Church, 5:30 p.m.