100 years ago — 1912
• The regular meeting of the 8-5-2 Club was held this afternoon at the home of Mrs. Stephen F. Gilman.
• Fronia Gullet and Ray Lake were married Wednesday evening at the home of the bride on Springwater Avenue. A buffet luncheon was served to the guests following the ceremony.
• Viletta Guthrie, county superintendent of schools, is in Malaga today to organize a parents association in connection with school work there.
50 years ago — 1962
• Charles and Berta Scott have moved their mobile home sales lot from East Wenatchee to 1345 N. Wenatchee Ave. Known as Brookside Mobile Home Sales for the last four years, the lot will now be called Scotty’s. The Scotts will continue to operate a trailer park on Sunset Highway.
• Dr. Louis Crollard was named honorary Legionnaire of the Year during a recent Veterans Day dinner at Memorial Hall. He received the honor for his work in arranging music and composing new selections for the American Legion Drum and Bugle Corps.
• Clyde Ferguson was re-elected president of the U.S. Highway 2 Association. Glenn Woods was re-elected secretary.
• Alene Course was re-elected master of Malaga Grange for the coming year.
• Don H. Phipps, manager of Northwest Wholesale, Inc., was named president of the Washington State Council of Farmers Cooperatives.
25 years ago — 1987
• Bud Walters was named Ruby Theater’s best actor and Stephanie Anderson was best actress for the season. The pair received honors Thursday night as the Chelan theater group handed out awards in its first formal ceremony. About 45 people attended the fundraising event, with the proceeds helping finance the theater’s next season.
• Triple C Convalescent Centers is planning a $4 million expansion at the Colonial Vista nursing home and retirement center in Wenatchee. The new construction will be added at the north end of the 10-acre complex at Okanogan Avenue and Peachy Street, partners Carl Campbell and Gerald Cawdery announced this week. This phase of development includes a 23-unit personal care wing to be added to the nursing home and a 42-unit, four-story retirement apartment building.
• Dr. Robert Brizee was named pastoral counselor of the year by the Northwest Region of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors.