WENATCHEE — The ongoing hazardous air quality in the Wenatchee Valley has continued to force postponements and cancellations for prep sports for North Central Washington teams and beyond.
Here’s a roundup of canceled, postponed and potentially threatened contests:
- The Wenatchee-Eastmont football game set to be played Friday at the Apple Bowl may be moved to Saturday, and it could also be played in Moses Lake. A decision will be made Thursday morning regarding the time and location.
- The Eastmont-hosted Big Nine cross country meet at Hydro Park, originally to take place last week, has been rescheduled for Oct. 18. Eastmont and Wenatchee will go to Moses Lake’s Blue Herron Park for a Big Nine meet at 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Eastmont will also attend the Spokane Invite on Saturday rather than the Wenatchee Invite, which, according to the Wenatchee High School athletic department’s web site, is still tentatively scheduled.
- Eastmont’s soccer game at Davis on Tuesday was called off as the air quality in Yakima has also diminished. No make-up date has been set.
- The Eastmont girls swim and dive team’s meet with Eisenhower, Davis and Sunnyside, originally to be contested in East Wenatchee last week, will take place on Oct. 3.
- The Cashmere at Wenatchee girls soccer match set for Thursday has been canceled. Cashmere’s Caribou Trail League contest against Cascade Tuesday was also postponed to a date to be determined.
- The annual Bronze Shoe football game — Cashmere at Chelan — is still tentatively scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday.