Here are the results of poll questions on wenatcheeworld.com in the past week and some of the responses:
Interest rates on new student loans have doubled. Should Congress do something?
Yes 66 percent
No 26 percent
Not sure 8 percent
- Define “something.”
- Definition of “something”… Restore the rates back to 3.4 percent when they return.
- The real question may be how are they paid back? How many are paid by the student, and how many by incentive plans by employers? How many pay and pay a minimal payment and never get them paid off? I’d say, “Congress, get your dirty and corrupt hands out of the pie and let these people learn to pay their bills like anyone else. If you get involved you will simply make it worse.”
As America celebrates its birthday, how are you feeling about this country?
Greatest country ever 12 percent
We have our issues but still great 35 percent
Good 5 percent
Not so good 12 percent
Our country is in terrible shape 36 percent
- If we don’t get Obama outta office we will be sorry… He has injured our country more than we know.
- This is NOT the same country I bled for in Vietnam 1968!
- The only industrialized nation without adequate access to health care. The highest infant mortality rates. Rapidly rising poverty. A military larger than the next three largest COMBINED. Legislative gridlock. An escalating war on the middle class. I’d say we have our issues.
- Spending $110 million to vacation in Africa, while the “sequester” has hit THE PEOPLE where it hurts the most. What kind of person would take the funding that could provide for so many, and turn his back on them, for his and his family’s own enjoyment? Obama could care less about this country and the people in it.
- It isn’t a vacation. The sequester only went into effect because the Republican House is dysfunctional.
- I don’t know if you notice or not, but the job of our politicians is to save as many lives and as much of our treasure as possible to be used in support of the country. Politics is an excessively dirty game; both sides playing dirty when needed to achieve policy.
- (Obama’s) Chicago style of politics is putting this country in grave danger. He’s surrounded himself with sheep that are as inept as he is.
Are you following the George Zimmerman trial?
Yes 17 percent
Somewhat 37 percent
No 41 percent
I don’t know about the trial 5 percent
- If Zimmerman had been black and Trayvon had been white, this story never would have made the news outside of their local area. When OJ Simpson was declared innocent, all credibility was lost in a case such as this for fear of riots.
- Obama is the most divisive president in U.S. history. Why? Because he cannot keep quiet even when it comes to racially charged cases such as this one. “If I had a son he would look just like Trayvon.” When Zimmerman walks, which could happen as early as the end of this week, the president will regret his ill-chosen words.
- Maybe he can invite him to the White House and have a beer with him.
The current poll question:
Do plane flights make you nervous?
Go to wenatcheeworld.com to vote.