100 years ago — 1913
- A course in scientific horticulture will probably be taught next winter by the educational department of the YMCA. Many associations in other cities have tried the course and found it to be very popular.
- Wenatchee’s city council went on record last night as in favor of keeping advertising of all character from the city park. The matter was raised when a request was read from an official of the Emporium, who desired to place advertising on park benches.
- Columbia Valley Bank has declared its semi-annual dividend of 2 percent for savings depositors for the six months ending June 30.
- Mrs. Harold May, Hazel Woodward and C.E. Whisnand traveled to Cashmere yesterday to spend the day with Mr. and Mrs. William Snyder.
50 years ago — 1963
- Champions of the Eastmont Little League for the second consecutive year are the Thriftway Tigers. Team members are Mike Nicholson, Chet Cockrill, Junior Morgan, Ronnie Duncan, Randy Rich, Bob Lancaster, Gregg Romey, Mike Miller, Roger Belvill, Robin Derry, Larry Hampton and Larry Stratton. Coaches are Don Rich and Ron Duncan.
- David N. Reilly, son of Mr. and Mrs. T.M. Reilly of Wenatchee, has been awarded a fellowship for one year of graduate study in Belgium. Reilly is a 1956 graduate of Wenatchee High School.
- Elmer B. Titus has been named manager of the Okanogan County PUD. He takes over from Wayne Houston, who is retiring.
- Heading Wenatchee Eagles Auxiliary No. 204 for the coming year is Myrtle Flanigan.
25 years ago — 1963
- Jason Probst, son of Oscar and Shirley Probst of East Wenatchee, has won an AAL college scholarship. AAL provides fraternal benefits and financial services for Lutherans.
- Carole Grubb, a graduate of Wenatchee High School, has received the Chelan County Cattlemen and Cattlewomen $500 scholarship. Grubb, daughter of Dale and Mary Grubb, of Wenatchee, plans to major in agriculture economics.
- Cindy Henson, daughter of Vern and Dee Brunner of Cashmere, has graduated with honors from Seattle University’s School of Nursing. Henson is a 1982 graduate of Cashmere High School.