Here are the results of poll questions on wenatcheeworld.com in the past week and some of the responses:
Do plane flights make you nervous?
Yes 35 percent
No 56 percent
I don’t fly 9 percent
- Flying is safer than driving. Driving should scare you more.
- Used to fly all over the world without a worry. Flew on and flew UH-1s. Survived a couple of crashes, but once I watched Flight 191 cartwheel into the ground (was on a test flight out of GNAS) in a huge ball of fire in 1979, that was all it took to keep me on the ground. I have flown since and probably will again, but I do not like it. I’d much rather travel on the motorcycle and have gone cross country three times now. Planning a trip to Texas next year by bike. I know that when your time is up it’s up no matter what you’re doing, but one never forgets almost 300 people dying in a split second in a ball of fire. For me, the ground feels mighty darn good!
- The planes I don’t mind too much, but I refuse to undergo the degrading so-called “security” searches.
How often do you use coupons?
All the time 12 percent
Often 18 percent
Sometimes 22 percent
Rarely 31 percent
Never 16 percent
- What a compelling topic for discussion. Sheesh …
When the state’s marijuana stores open, will you go inside one?
Yes, as a customer 21 percent
Probably, just to check it out 22 percent
Not likely 23 percent
Never 34 percent
- As a person with chronic medical conditions, I could probably get a card. I tried it as a teenager almost 50 years ago; I didn’t like it then and I probably wouldn’t like it now. I couldn’t care less what’s in their stores.
- Wonder if these stores will sell Ho-Ho’s and Twinkies as well? Is the “paraphernalia” still illegal? The new law just made pot legal, not all the pipes and other whatnots. Wonder if the downtown core will allow a pot store to open down there? They got so uppity with the homeless one can only wonder how they will handle stoners. They better get to the city now and get those rules changed.
- Forty-five years ago, while in the Marine Corps, there were the “alkies” and the “heads.” VERY different people … and “never the twain shall meet!” There are those who’ve tried pot and simply don’t care for that kind of “high.” Then there are the simpletons who’ve swallowed the party line and believe that marijuana is “of the devil.” They should continue to get drunk and beat their wife, kill others in car crashes, etc. When was the last time you heard of a pothead robbing a store or stabbing someone? I’ll let the statistics speak for themselves. Now where oh where can I find some of those Twinkies and Ho-Ho’s?
- I still haven’t heard yet how the distribution system will work. As to the question, it will be price dependent, like about everything else. Now, where did I put that bong …
The current poll question:
Do you think public schools should be year-round?
Go to wenatcheeworld.com to vote.