100 years ago — 1913
- A picnic dinner was held last evening at the home of Mr. and Mrs. C.M. Wetherald. Those present were Mr. and Mrs. N.A. Heath, Mr. and Mrs. T.D. Rafter, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Christensen, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Palmer, Mr. and Mrs. L.I. Cysewski, Mr. and Mrs. A.A. Bousquet, Mr and Mrs. John Palmer and Mr. and Mrs. Howard Wetherald.
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles Whisnand hosted a party today at their Cashmere Street home in honor of their first wedding anniversary. Guests included Mr. and Mrs. I.H. Hunsaker and Hazel Woodward.
- Mr. and Mrs. A.E. Knowles and Mr. and Mrs. Steven Knowles will be dinner guests this evening at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Russel Poe on Cleveland Avenue.
50 years ago — 1963
- The latest addition to the exhibit at the North Central Washington Museum is too big to fit inside. That’s why a 1907 Oldsmobile is parked in its own showcase in Memorial Park, just behind the museum. The exhibit is the gift of two Wenatchee men, Leman Johnson and Art Pohlman.
- A member of a well-known Cashmere family will be ordained Sunday at Grace Lutheran Church. He is Elwood Neal Rieke, son of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Rieke of Cashmere. His parents have been members of the church since it was organized in 1933.
- Plans for a 10-year reunion of the 1954 class of Wenatchee High School will be made Tuesday at the PUD auditorium., according to Gus Noyd, committee member. Also planning the event are Alvin Seyster and Beulah Friedrick.
25 years ago — 1988
- Wenatchee Rotary Club member Dr. Alfred J. Stojowski has started his term as district governor for the international service organization which will take him to 46 communities in Central Washington and British Columbia in the coming year. Stojowski joined Rotary in 1961 and has held numerous club offices, serving as president of the local club in 1967-68.
- Ed Steinmasel was elected president of the Genealogical Society of North Central Washington for the coming year. Other officers are Shari Snitily, vice president; Doris Moser, secretary; and Dick Hurst, treasurer.