Here are the results of poll questions on wenatcheeworld.com in the past week and some of the responses:
What kind of phone service do you have?
Cellphone and landline 52 percent
Cellphone only 45 percent
Landline only 3 percent
No phone 0 percent
- I keep the landline so politicians and charities can interrupt my dinner.
- Since there is only one person in this household, I couldn’t see the need for multiple phone systems. I opted for the convenience of the cell, and once I discovered the capabilities of a smart phone and found a way to afford the service, I upgraded to that.
How excited are you about the royal baby?
Very much 13 percent
Somewhat 14 percent
Not much 16 percent
Not at all 57 percent
- Didn’t we fight a revolution so we didn’t have to worry about anything royal?
- As evidenced by what’s on the nightly news programs, the news media just LOVES this birth! Now they have their excuse to not be covering REAL news! Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite and the Huntley/Brinkley pair are rolling over in their graves!
- It was a great day for the British. Thousands were thrilled with the birth of a little prince who may someday be king of England. How could you not be happy for them? However, it’s a sad fact that Princess Diana will never see her royal grandson.
- So, how can a little frivolous joy at the birth of a baby be so daunting guys. Loosen up-smile!
Have you attended Wenatchee Valley College?
Yes, received my AA degree 18 percent
Yes, received a technical degree 5 percent
Yes, have taken a few classes 34 percent
No 43 percent
The current poll question:
Should the government step in and help Detroit, which filed for bankruptcy last week?
Go to wenatcheeworld.com to vote.