Here are the results of poll questions on wenatcheeworld.com in the past week and some of the responses:
Should Republicans risk a government shutdown in order to force changes in the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare?
Yes 54 percent
No 44 percent
Not sure 2 percent
- We need a little time-out for sanity in DC. The (Affordable Care Act) is a turkey, everyone knows it, and unchanged will shutdown the government with its gross inefficiencies and impossible goals. Maybe it’s time to quit worrying about saving face and instead worry about a government that actually functions.
- I would prefer that the Democrats not shut down the government in an attempt to protect the Affordable Care Act.
- … It is very much a partisan issue. The GOP’s plan is to destroy and bring down Obama. They stated it… I heard them with my own ears! There is nothing they will not do to achieve their evil goal. Voters are no longer naive as in years past. People care about the poor and struggling more than in my 74 years, 62 0f those being involved in politics. Perhaps because unless you are wealthy, during and since the Bush years they also have been forced to live from paycheck to paycheck so empathy has been thrown into the mix …
- … The naysayers will vote against Obamacare, but wait just a minute! You have never offered an alternative but (to) just get rid of it!
Is Fox News fair and balanced?
Yes 44 percent
No 44 percent
Sometimes, but not always 12 percent
- Fox News is the only news show that even comes close to being fair and balanced, all the others only dispense the party line. My only complaint with Fox is that they sometimes go too far with this fair and balanced crap. If I wanted to listen to one of the shrill voices from the left I’d be turning on CNN, PMSNBC (sic) or one of the nets. What I find really interesting, though, is just how much those on the left hate Fox News. They just can’t stand it that conservatives have even one channel! Get over yourselves, if you don’t like it don’t watch it. Thank God for Fox News and Rush!
- Only GOPers and tea party peeps would vote yes! Such a funny poll!
- Interesting that the yea and the nay votes balanced here. Perhaps that shows us the “Sometimes but not always” answer was the truth of the matter, and not only in the case of Fox News but in all other network news as well. I think that’s where my money lies.
- None of the cable news channels are “Fair and Balanced.” They’re a form of entertainment catering to the viewers’ political leanings.
How important is it to you that your food be locally sourced?
Very much 35 percent
Somewhat 39 percent
Not at all 22 percent
Not sure what that means 4 percent
- It’s important. Even more important to know exactly what it is that you’re eating — so vote yes on I-522!
- Locally sourced is always fresher. Fresher tastes better, but it can also be more expensive. We who feed at the trough of you taxpayers (and I thank you very much!) on SNAP often, no always, must go with cheaper. Not because that is what we prefer but because that is all we can afford.
The current poll question:
If you were in charge of hiring someone, would it matter if an applicant had numerous visible tattoos?
Go to wenatcheeworld.com to vote.