100 years ago — 1913
- Alice Amanda Miller and L.T. Brown were married Saturday evening at the Presbyterian parsonage with Rev. J.A. Laurie officiating. The couple left for a two-week honeymoon in Spokane and will return to Wenatchee to make their home.
- The Women’s Club of Wenatchee will host a reception for the teachers of local public schools and members of their families this evening at the high school.
- A number of riders from Wenatchee are planning to enter the motorcycle races, which will be held at the Okanogan County Fair beginning Oct. 26 in Riverside.
- The Ladies Aid Society of the Presbyterian Church will meet tomorrow afternoon in the church parlors. Mrs. S.B. Jessup, Mrs. Sam Ewing and Mrs. Will Little will be the hostesses.
50 years ago — 1963
- Mary Jane Jones will be installed worthy advisor of Wenatchee Rainbow Girls Assembly No. 4 Saturday night. Other line officers to be installed are Sue Hanson, worthy associate advisor; Chris Thorp, charity; Judy Ayers, hope; and Myrna Sutor, faith.
- Craig Lawrence of Wenatchee was named this week by Gov. Albert Rosellini to the executive board of the Washington State Safety Council. His term will expire in 1969.
- Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. recently honored Ernest J. Uecker for his 10 years of service with the company. Uecker is with Uecker Bros. Motors in Cashmere and was one of 36 dealers in the country who were honored.
- Ernest Elder, of Elder Auto Parts, addressed National Automotive Parts Association meetings in Spokane, Seattle and Portland this week.
25 years ago — 1988
- Wenatchee photographer Jean Bomersine received the Best of Show award at Friday’s open reception of the Allied Arts Council’s fifth annual Juried Art Show and Sale.
- New chairwomen for the year were announced at the Sept. 8 meeting of Wenatchee Unit No. 10 of the American Legion Auxiliary, according to President Ginger Bush-Kain. They include Jacci McCandlish, Harriet Wilson, Barbara Rutherford, Jean Wilson, Donna Uecker, Loretta Bush, Helen Inks, Mary Smith, Aletha Wells and Golda Wyatt.