Here are the results of poll questions on wenatcheeworld.com in the past week and some of the responses:
What’s your favorite Halloween costume?
Witch 23 percent
Pirate 17 percent
Ghost 8 percent
Farm implement 8 percent
Woodland animal 5 percent
Other 39 percent
- I favor the Irma La Douce costume.
- Then there’s the ever creative: cut eye slits in a 1/2 case beer box and put it over one’s head.
- Mona Lisa.
- The “Duck Dynasty” boys are gonna be hot!
What are your feelings about hunting?
Love it 33 percent
OK with it 22 percent
Don’t hunt, but don’t care 26 percent
Don’t hunt, don’t like it 19 percent
- My husband loved to hunt up by Colville with his buddies after the farm work was done in the fall. I would much rather see deer and elk killed for food, as well as sport, than see the herds decimated by wolves.
- Wolves killing deer and elk is the natural order of life… Ecology in motion. Wolves target the weak. I think God knew what He was doing when he organized the world order of wildlife … just saying.
Poll Results: Should Wenatchee and other NCW towns and counties allow marijuana shops?
Yes 52 percent
No 45 percent
Uncertain 2 percent
- They can allow the shops and increase tax revenue or they can prevent them and lose out on revenue. However, they will not be able to stop the process of people buying and selling pot in Wenatchee or any NCW town. I truly don’t understand the thinking behind not allowing them. It solves nothing other then pushing dope smokers to take their money out of the area or to continue to buy it like they have since the ’50s and ’60s, from that guy they know down the street.
- … Pot has been bought and sold in Wenatchee for decades. It will continue to be bought and sold despite the city “allowing” it to be bought and sold. Thanks, City Council, now I don’t have to pay a tax on it.
The current poll question:
Should the United States spy on its allies?
Go to wenatcheeworld.com to vote.