100 years ago — 1913
- Jennie Gormley of Wenatchee and Elmer B. Gensinger of East Wenatchee were married last evening at the home of the bride’s parents. Witnesses to the ceremony included Mr. and Mrs. T.J. Black, Mr. and Mrs. M.M. Sewell, Mr. and Mrs. W.J. Wagner, Mr. and Mrs. C.J. Black, Mr. and Mrs. F.M. Clossen, Mr. and Mrs. Lon Peters, Mr. and Mrs. Marion Neal, Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Bailey, Mr. and Mrs. F.W. Parsons, Mr. and Mrs. Warren Slaubaugh, Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Bartlett, Cala Gensinger, Verna Gormley, Thelma Peters, Adda Parsons, Hazel Clossen, Reba Clossen, Eleanor Griffith, Alice Williams, Hazel Black, Leta Parsons, Glen Clossen, Roy Sewell, Wakefield Sewell, Glen Griffith, Paul Wagner, Wendell Stevens and J.W. Neal.
50 years ago — 1963
- Vicki Petersen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Peterson of Wenatchee is the 1963-64 Grand Representative of the Grand Rainbow Assembly of California for Washington and Idaho. Petersen is past worthy advisor of Wenatchee Rainbow Assembly No. 4.
- Lawrence Wilcox is president of the Swing and Turn Square Dance Club for the coming year. Other officers are Lagrand Corderman, vice president; Luella Raymond, secretary; and Norris Gills, treasurer.
- Jerry Moon, district manager for North Central Washington with the Standard Oil Co. of California for the last three years, has been promoted to the position of district sales manager in Stockton, Calif.
- James Davenport, of Davenport Inc. Realtors, was elected chairman of the Washington State Real Estate Commission during a recent meeting of the commission in Bellingham. Davenport is currently serving as a director of the Washington Association of Realtors.
25 years ago — 1988
- An open house will be held this Sunday to mark the retirement of Jim Port after 35 years with Sears and Roebuck’s Wenatchee service department. Port has worked as warehouse manager, service manager and for many years as a repair technician.
- Kathy Browning, Entiat city clerk, and Michael E. Bailey, Wenatchee’s director of administrative services, have both been awarded professional finance officer certification by the Washington Finance Officers Association.