LAKE WENATCHEE — A 7-year-old Lake Wenatchee girl was being treated for E. coli poisoning at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Rhetta Cummings was suffering problems with her pancreas and kidneys after becoming ill more than a week ago, said Mike Stanford of Lake Wenatchee, a friend of the family. Rhetta, daughter of Travis and Amy Cummings, is a second-grader at Beaver Valley Elementary School in Plain.
Stanford said the family does not know how she came in contact with the bacteria.
A fund has been set up to help the family with expenses. It is in the parents’ names at Cashmere Valley Bank.