100 years ago — 1913
- Articles of incorporation were filed today with the secretary of state and with the county auditor for Wenatchee Refrigeration & Packing Co. The corporation recently purchased C&O Nursery Co. property north of Wenatchee Produce Co. and is planning to build a big plant for cold storage, pre-cooling and ice making. Incorporators are C.W. Stelzreid, H.I. Knox and M. Morgan. The capital of the corporation is placed at $500,000. In addition to Stelzreid, Knox and Morgan, trustees named to do business until Nov. 15 are Charles I. Lynch, Paul S. Duburn, Grover Peacock, V. Morgan, V. Stelzreid and Edward Campion.
- Marriage licenses have been issued to Harry H. Whittaker of Paloa and Katherine Flanagan of Shoshone, Idaho; and to Claude Heffington of Manson and Louise Riley of Chelan Falls.
50 years ago — 1963
- Earl Jones, a partner in Flanigan-Libke and Jones, has been elected vice president of the Washington Association of Insurance Agent for Eastern Washington. He will serve for a year.
- Four physicians for this area will attend the 74th annual convention of the Washington State Medical Association in Seattle next week. Delegates from this area will be Dr. Malcolm Bulmer, Dr. Alvia G. Young, Dr. George R. Kingston, all from Wenatchee, and Dr. Thomas McGranahan of Cashmere.
- Sixty-nine breeds will be represented among the 550 dogs entered for the first-ever American Kennel Club licensed Dog Show and Obedience Trial held in Wenatchee. The event, presented by Wenatchee Kennel Club, Inc., is scheduled for Sunday at the Apple Bowl.
25 years ago — 1988
- Doug Wolford, former assistant vice president for Security Bank, is the new operation’s manager for the Economic Development Council of North Central Washington.
- Music Theatre of Wenatchee will present “Bell, Book and Candle” during three weekends in October and November. The cast includes Christa Scott, Curt Barrick, Jake Hull, Jay Hitt and Pat Creger. The play is director by Carol Bowen.