WENATCHEE — Fire destroyed a double-wide mobile home at 1818 Mulberry Lane early this morning but the two people who were sleeping inside got out safely.
The young couple heard what might have been a window breaking and were able to escape the fire, said Mark Yaple, Wenatchee fire marshal. Firefighters think the fire started on the outside of the mobile home, then went into the house through a window and reached the roof. The entry window was to a bedroom where the couple’s 4-year-old daughter would normally have been sleeping. The girl was at a sleepover in Cashmere.