The Wenatchee World

Weather:

Weather

The latest extended forecast from The Weather Channel

Remove this weather forecast

Air Stagnation Advisory issued December 18 at 10:46AM PST until December 19 at 12:00PM PST by NWS

..LIGHT WINDS AND INVERSIONS WILL PERSIST THROUGH MUCH OF THE WORKWEEK. THIS WILL LEAD TOWARD STAGNANT AIR CONDITIONS OVER MUCH OF CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST WASHINGTON. ...AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST FRIDAY... * AIR QUALITY...LIGHT WINDS AND STABLE CONDITIONS WILL INCREASE

Today

Hi42° Mostly Sunny

Tonight

Lo32° Rain/Snow Likely

Saturday

Hi37° Rain/Snow

Saturday Night

Lo37° Rain Likely

Sunday

Hi45° Chance Rain

Sunday Night

Lo36° Slight Chc Rain

Monday

Hi42° Partly Sunny

Monday Night

Lo34° Slight Chc Rain

Tuesday

Hi42° Partly Sunny

Tuesday Night

Lo33° Slight Chc Rain

Fire updates: Highway 2 to reopen near Leavenworth

Send to Kindle
Print This

Chiwaukum Creek Fire: Highway 2 between Leavenworth and Coles Corner is expected to reopen at 8 p.m. Sunday (July 27). Traffic will be escorted by pilot car, so drivers should expect delays. The fire stands at just under 11,000 acres with 25 percent containment as crews strengthen fire lines on the north and east perimeters. Evacuation notices along Coulter Creek, between Nason Creek and Coles Corner, have been lowered from Level 3 to Level 1. Four structures — three cabins and one outbuilding — in the area have been destroyed by the blaze, fire officials reported Saturday.

Mills Canyon Fire: Now at 95 percent containment, this blaze continues to be watched carefully by fire crews, who are wary of the remaining 5 percent burning in rugged terrain. The fire has scorched 22,571 acres near Entiat.

Lone Mountain 1 Fire: Air operations increased Friday with four helicopters assisting ground crews on the 1,700-acre fire northeast of Stehekin. Also, more radio equipment was installed to improve communications between firefighters, Stehekin and the heli-base in Winthrop. Stehekin village, Rainbow Falls and the lakeshore trail remain open to the public. For safety, officials have closed the Boulder Creek Trail in the Stephen Mather Wilderness and lands east of the fire area in the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.

 

Reach Mike Irwin at 509-665-1179 or . Read his blog Everyday Business or follow him on Twitter at @MikeIrwinWW.

All comments are moderated before appearing. For more information, please read the approval guidelines. Questions? See our Disqus commenting FAQ or our full commenting policy.

Comments Help

A few important points:

  • You must have a Disqus account to comment (your Wenatchee World login and Disqus login are completely separate)
  • You must provide your first and last name
  • Your comment must be civil

For more information see our Disqus commenting FAQ or our full commenting policy