WENATCHEE — Firefighters suspect that a spark set off fumes from polystyrene material that was in a Dolco Packaging warehouse and started a fire that was reported at 3:41 a.m. today.
Crews were moving the product with a forklift when the fire broke out, said Mark Yaple, Wenatchee fire marshal. No one was injured. He estimated that 3,000 to 4,000 pounds of polystyrene foam burned. The building’s sprinkler system went off and contained the fire until firefighters arrived, Yaple said. There was little or no damage to the structure. The warehouse is at 1121 S. Columbia St.