The No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (30-5) are 8.5-point favorites as they attempt to earn a trip to the Sweet 16 in an NCAA Tournament second round South Region bracket matchup against the No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (22-12) on Saturday at Legacy Arena at BJCC, beginning at 9:40 PM on TBS.
Alabama vs. Maryland Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
Alabama vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Alabama has gone 8-2 over its past 10 contests, with a 4-6 record against the spread in that span.
- Five of Alabama's last 10 contests have gone over the total.
- Alabama's average total over the last 10 games is 6.2 points more than the 144.5 total listed for this matchup.
- In the last 10 games, Alabama is averaging 2.2 fewer points per game than its season average.
- Maryland has gone 6-4 in its last 10 contests, with a 6-4 record against the spread in that span.
- Four of the Terrapins' past 10 outings have gone over the total.
- Maryland's average total over the last 10 games is 11.2 points fewer than the 144.5 total listed for this matchup.
- In their past 10 games, the Terrapins are scoring 0.9 fewer points per game than their season-long scoring average, 70.3 PPG.
Alabama vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- So far this season, Alabama has compiled a 20-15-0 record against the spread.
- When it has played as at least 8.5-point favorites this season, Alabama is 10-8 against the spread.
- A total of 16 of Alabama's 34 games with a set total have hit the over (47.1%).
- The Crimson Tide record 82.6 points per game, 19.4 more points than the 63.2 the Terrapins give up.
- Alabama is 17-12 against the spread and 26-3 overall when scoring more than 63.2 points.
- Maryland is 21-12-1 against the spread this year.
- Maryland is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least a 8.5-point underdog.
- Maryland's games have gone over the point total 11 out of 34 times (32.4%).
- The Terrapins score an average of 70.3 points per game, just 1.6 more points than the 68.7 the Crimson Tide allow.
- Maryland has put together a 13-3-1 ATS record and a 17-0 overall record in games it scores more than 68.7 points.
Alabama vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- A total of 24 of Alabama's games this season have gone over Saturday's total of 144.5 points.
- In Maryland's 34 games this season, eight finished with more combined points than Saturday's point total of 144.5.
- Together, these two teams combine for 152.9 points per game, 8.4 more than the total of 144.5 for this contest.
- The 131.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 12.6 fewer than the 144.5-point over/under in this contest.
- On average, Alabama has seen a 151.3-point over/under in its games this season, 6.8 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 11 points higher than the average over/under in Maryland's games this season of 133.5.
Alabama Team Leaders
- Brandon Miller: 19.1 PTS, 8.2 REB, 44.6 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (103-for-260)
- Noah Clowney: 10.1 PTS, 7.9 REB, 50 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (34-for-114)
- Mark Sears: 12.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.1 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (69-for-193)
- Charles Bediako: 6.2 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 65.1 FG%
- Jahvon Quinerly: 8.3 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (41-for-120)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Jahmir Young: 15.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.6 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (42-for-134)
- Julian Reese: 11.4 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.2 BLK, 63.3 FG%
- Donta Scott: 11.5 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 31 3PT% (45-for-145)
- Hakim Hart: 11.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.4 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (41-for-121)
- Don Carey: 7.4 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (56-for-165)