The No. 11 NC State Wolf Pack (23-10) are 5-point underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they meet the No. 6 Creighton Bluejays (21-12) on Friday. Here are some insights into this 6-11 matchup in the South Region bracket that starts at 4:00 PM, live on TNT.
Creighton vs. NC State Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
Creighton vs. NC State Last 10 Games
- Creighton is 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall in its past 10 contests.
- In its past 10 games, Creighton has gone over the total six times.
- Creighton and its opponents have combined to score an average of 143.3 points over its last 10 games, 5.2 less than the 148.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In its past 10 games, Creighton's points per game average is 0.4 points lower per game than its season-long scoring average.
- NC State is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall in its past 10 contests.
- The Wolf Pack have gone over the total in four of their past 10 outings.
- NC State and its opponents have combined to score an average of 146.6 combined points in its last 10 games, 1.9 less than the 148.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In their last 10 games, the Wolf Pack's points per game average is 74.2, four points lower per game than their season-long scoring average.
Creighton vs. NC State Betting Trends
- Creighton has a 16-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- Creighton has a 10-9 record against the spread this season when favored by 5 points or more.
- The teams have hit the over in 15 of Creighton's 33 games with a set total.
- The Bluejays put up 76.6 points per game, 5.8 more points than the 70.8 the Wolf Pack give up.
- Creighton has a 13-8 record against the spread and a 17-6 record overall when putting up more than 70.8 points.
- NC State is 16-15-2 against the spread this season.
- NC State has a 3-2 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 5 points or more.
- Of NC State's 33 games with a set total, 17 have hit the over (51.5%).
- The Wolf Pack's 78.2 points per game are 9.7 more points than the 68.5 the Bluejays allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 68.5 points, NC State is 14-11-2 against the spread and 22-5 overall.
Creighton vs. NC State Over/Under Trends
- Creighton and its opponents have hit the over on this game's total (148.5 points) 12 times this season.
- There have been 16 NC State games that ended with a combined score higher than 148.5 points this season.
- The over/under for this matchup of 148.5 is 6.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for Creighton (76.6) and NC State (78.2).
- The 139.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 9.2 fewer than the 148.5-point total in this contest.
- Creighton has seen a 145.1 average over/under in its games this season, 3.4 less than the over/under in this contest.
- NC State's games have an average over/under of 149 points this season, 0.5 more points than the over/under for this contest.
Creighton Team Leaders
- Baylor Scheierman: 12.8 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 STL, 42.5 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (77-for-213)
- Ryan Kalkbrenner: 15.4 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 71.4 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (5-for-17)
- Trey Alexander: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 44 3PT% (62-for-141)
- Ryan Nembhard: 11.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (49-for-133)
- Arthur Kaluma: 11.9 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (39-for-121)
NC State Team Leaders
- Jarkel Joiner: 17.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.3 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (62-for-170)
- Terquavion Smith: 17.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 37.8 FG%, 34 3PT% (90-for-265)
- D.J. Burns: 12.8 PTS, 56.7 FG%
- Casey Morsell: 11.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.3 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (77-for-189)
- Jack Clark: 9.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 44.6 FG%, 28.7 3PT% (27-for-94)