The No. 1 seed in the East Region bracket, the Purdue Boilermakers (29-5), and the No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (20-15) meet in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at Nationwide Arena, starting at 6:50 PM. Purdue is a 23-point favorite in the contest, which airs on TNT.
Purdue vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
Purdue vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Last 10 Games
- Purdue has gone 7-3 over its past 10 contests, with a 3-7 record against the spread in that span.
- Purdue has hit the over in five of its last 10 contests.
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to score an average of 135.3 points in its last 10 games, 10.2 less than the 145.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In the last 10 games, Purdue is averaging 2.3 fewer points per game than its season average.
- Fairleigh Dickinson has gone 6-4 in its last 10 games, with a 5-5 record against the spread in that span.
- Five of the Knights' past 10 games have gone over the total.
- Fairleigh Dickinson has averaged a total of 148.4 combined points in its last 10 games, 2.9 greater than this matchup's total of 145.5.
- Over their past 10 games, the Knights are scoring 1.4 fewer points per game than their season-long scoring average, 78 PPG.
Purdue vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Betting Trends
- Purdue is 13-20-1 against the spread this season.
- When it has played as at least 23-point favorites this season, Purdue is 1-3 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in 15 of Purdue's 33 games with a set total.
- The Boilermakers score only 1.4 fewer points per game (73.1) than the Knights give up (74.5).
- Purdue has a 9-6-1 record against the spread and a 16-0 record overall when scoring more than 74.5 points.
- So far this year, Fairleigh Dickinson has compiled a 14-18-1 record against the spread.
- Fairleigh Dickinson is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least a 23-point underdog.
- The teams have combined to hit the over in 19 of Fairleigh Dickinson's 33 games with a set total.
- The Knights put up an average of 78 points per game, 15.3 more points than the 62.7 the Boilermakers allow.
- When it scores more than 62.7 points, Fairleigh Dickinson is 11-14-1 against the spread and 17-11 overall.
Purdue vs. Fairleigh Dickinson Over/Under Trends
- Purdue and its opponents have hit the over on this game's total (145.5 points) 10 times this season.
- This season, 20 of Fairleigh Dickinson's games have finished with a combined score higher than 145.5 points.
- Together, these two teams combine for 151.1 points per game, 5.6 more than the point total of 145.5 for this contest.
- This matchup's over/under is 8.3 more points than the 137.2 these two teams combine to give up per game.
- On average, the over/under in Purdue's games is 9.7 fewer points than the over/under of 145.5 in this matchup.
- A difference of seven points separates the average over/under in Fairleigh Dickinson's games (152.5 points) and this game's over/under (145.5).
Purdue Team Leaders
- Zach Edey: 22.3 PTS, 12.8 REB, 2.1 BLK, 60.6 FG%
- Braden Smith: 9.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (37-for-95)
- Fletcher Loyer: 10.9 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (56-for-173)
- Caleb Furst: 5.6 PTS, 50.7 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (11-for-41)
- Ethan Morton: 3.9 PTS, 32.5 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (26-for-92)
Fairleigh Dickinson Team Leaders
- Demetre Roberts: 16.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.8 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (62-for-185)
- Grant Singleton: 14.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 46.2 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (76-for-199)
- Ansley Almonor: 14.1 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (73-for-189)
- Sean Moore: 6.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.2 FG%, 29 3PT% (20-for-69)
- Joe Munden Jr.: 10.6 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (22-for-65)