The No. 6 seed TCU Horned Frogs (21-12) are favored (-5) to defeat the No. 11 seed Arizona State Sun Devils (23-12) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at Ball Arena. The matchup tips off at 10:05 PM on truTV. Here are some insights into this West Region contest for those filling out their brackets.
TCU vs. Arizona State Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
TCU vs. Arizona State Last 10 Games
- TCU has gone 4-6 over its past 10 contests, with a 3-7 record against the spread during that span.
- In TCU's past 10 contests, it has hit the over twice.
- TCU and its opponents have combined to score an average of 145.9 points over its last 10 games, 4.9 more than the 141 over/under in this matchup.
- During the past 10 games, TCU is averaging 4.8 fewer points per game than its season average.
- Arizona State has gone 6-4 over its past 10 games, with a 5-5 record against the spread during that span.
- In their past 10 games, the Sun Devils have gone over the total five times.
- Arizona State's average total over the last 10 games is 1.9 points fewer than the 141 over/under given for this matchup.
- During their past 10 games, the Sun Devils are scoring 0.3 fewer points per game than their season-long scoring average, 71.1 PPG.
TCU vs. Arizona State Betting Trends
- So far this season, TCU has compiled a 16-17-0 record against the spread.
- TCU has a 7-7 record against the spread in games it was favored by 5 points or more this season.
- Out of TCU's 35 games with a set total, 16 have hit the over (45.7%).
- The Horned Frogs put up 75.2 points per game, 7.3 more points than the 67.9 the Sun Devils allow.
- TCU has a 15-7 record against the spread and an 18-4 record overall when scoring more than 67.9 points.
- Arizona State has a 16-19-0 record against the spread this year.
- Arizona State is 4-4 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this year.
- In Arizona State's 35 games with a set total, 18 have hit the over (51.4%).
- The Sun Devils' 71.1 points per game are just 3.2 more points than the 67.9 the Horned Frogs allow to opponents.
- Arizona State has put together a 9-8 ATS record and a 16-2 overall record in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
TCU vs. Arizona State Over/Under Trends
- TCU and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday's over/under (141 points) 19 times this season.
- A total of 13 of Arizona State's games have finished with a combined score higher than 141 points this season.
- TCU averages 75.2 points per game compared to Arizona State's 71.1, amounting to 5.3 points over this contest's over/under of 141.
- The 135.8 points per game these two teams allow its opponents to score on average this season are 5.2 fewer than the 141-point total in this contest.
- This season, the average over/under for TCU's games is 143.1 points, 2.1 more than the total of 141 points set for this contest.
- Arizona State's games have an average over/under of 139 points this season, two fewer points than the over/under for this game.
TCU Team Leaders
- Damion Baugh: 12.6 PTS, 5.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 42.6 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (23-for-78)
- Emanuel Miller: 12.4 PTS, 51.6 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (20-for-49)
- Mike Miles: 17.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 49.7 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (34-for-96)
- JaKobe Coles: 8.6 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (21-for-65)
- Charles O'Bannon Jr.: 7.5 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (37-for-115)
Arizona State Team Leaders
- Desmond Cambridge: 13.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 39.6 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (80-for-247)
- Frankie Collins: 9.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.8 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (25-for-74)
- Warren Washington: 9.2 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 56.5 FG%
- DJ Horne: 12.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36.5 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (68-for-198)
- Devan Cambridge: 10 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)