The No. 10 seed Penn State Nittany Lions (23-13) are 5.5-point underdogs in their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 2 seed Texas Longhorns (27-8) on Saturday at 7:45 PM on CBS. The winner advances to the Sweet 16 in the Midwest Region bracket.
Texas vs. Penn State Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
Texas vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Texas is 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 contests.
- In its past 10 contests, Texas has gone over the total twice.
- Texas and its opponents have combined to score an average of 145.2 points in its last 10 games, 5.2 more than the 140 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last 10 games, Texas' points per game average is 5.2 points lower per game than its season-long scoring average.
- Penn State has a 7-2-1 record against the spread while finishing 8-2 overall in its past 10 contests.
- The Nittany Lions have gone over the total in five of their last 10 contests.
- Penn State's average total over the last 10 games is 4.3 points fewer than the 140 total listed for this matchup.
- In their past 10 games, the Nittany Lions are scoring two fewer points per game than their season-long scoring average, 72.4 PPG.
Texas vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Texas is 18-17-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season it was favored by 5.5 points or more, Texas has a 9-10 record against the spread.
- In Texas' 36 games with a set total, 16 have hit the over (44.4%).
- The 77.9 points per game the Longhorns put up are 9.8 more points than the Nittany Lions give up (68.1).
- When Texas scores more than 68.1 points, it is 13-15 against the spread and 22-6 overall.
- Penn State has a 21-14-1 record against the spread this season.
- Penn State has a 3-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- A total of 20 of Penn State's 36 games with a set total have hit the over (55.6%).
- The Nittany Lions put up 5.2 more points per game (72.4) than the Longhorns allow (67.2).
- Penn State has put together a 15-5-1 ATS record and a 17-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.2 points.
Texas vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas' games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup's 140-point total 20 times.
- A total of 19 of Penn State's games have finished with a combined score over 140 points this season.
- Together, these two teams combine for 150.3 points per game, 10.3 more than the total of 140 for this matchup.
- The 135.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 4.7 fewer than the 140-point over/under in this contest.
- Texas has seen a 145.1 average over/under in its games this season, 5.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 0.6 points separates the average over/under in Penn State's games (140.6 points) and this game's over/under (140).
Texas Team Leaders
- Marcus Carr: 15.9 PTS, 1.7 STL, 43 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (76-for-208)
- Jabari Rice: 12.9 PTS, 46 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (58-for-156)
- Timmy Allen: 10.3 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Tyrese Hunter: 10.2 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (52-for-155)
- Dylan Disu: 8.5 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 60.4 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (10-for-31)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 17.9 PTS, 7.3 REB, 6.7 AST, 51.1 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (45-for-117)
- Seth Lundy: 14.3 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (90-for-224)
- Andrew Funk: 12.5 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 42 3PT% (110-for-262)
- Camren Wynter: 8.8 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (35-for-85)
- Myles Dread: 5.4 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (57-for-152)