The No. 4 seed UConn Huskies (26-8) are favored by 3.5 points against the No. 5 seed Saint Mary's Gaels (27-7) for their NCAA Tournament matchup on Sunday. A trip to the Sweet 16 will be awarded to the winner of the 4-5 West Region bracket contest, which tips off at 6:10 PM on TNT.
UConn vs. Saint Mary's (CA) Betting Odds
View the original article to see embedded media.
UConn vs. Saint Mary's (CA) Last 10 Games
- UConn is 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall over its last 10 contests.
- In its past 10 contests, UConn has hit the over four times.
- UConn's average total over the last 10 games is 14.1 points more than the 129.5 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Over its last 10 games, UConn is putting up 1.4 fewer points per game than its season-long scoring average.
- Saint Mary's (CA) has gone 7-3 in its last 10 contests, with a 4-5-1 record against the spread during that span.
- The Gaels have hit the over in six of their last 10 outings.
- Saint Mary's (CA) has averaged a total of 133.7 combined points over its last 10 games, 4.2 greater than this game's total of 129.5.
- Over their past 10 games, the Gaels' per-game scoring average is 70.7, 0.4 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
UConn vs. Saint Mary's (CA) Betting Trends
- UConn is 21-12-0 against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as at least 3.5-point favorites this season, UConn is 18-10 against the spread.
- Out of UConn's 33 games with a set total, 19 have hit the over (57.6%).
- The Huskies record 18.8 more points per game (78.7) than the Gaels allow (59.9).
- When UConn scores more than 59.9 points, it is 18-11 against the spread and 24-6 overall.
- Saint Mary's (CA) has an 18-13-2 record against the spread this season.
- Saint Mary's (CA) is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have combined to hit the over in 16 of Saint Mary's (CA)'s 33 games with a set total.
- The Gaels score 6.1 more points per game (71.1) than the Huskies allow their opponents to score (65).
- Saint Mary's (CA) has put together a 15-7-1 ATS record and a 22-2 overall record in games it scores more than 65 points.
UConn vs. Saint Mary's (CA) Over/Under Trends
- This season, UConn and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday's total of 129.5 points 27 times.
- This season, 18 of Saint Mary's (CA)'s games have finished with a combined score higher than 129.5 points.
- Together, these two teams combine for 149.8 points per game, 20.3 more than the over/under of 129.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 124.9 points per game, 4.6 less than this contest's over/under.
- UConn has a 143.7 average over/under in its games this season, 14.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.5 points lower than the average over/under in Saint Mary's (CA)'s games this season of 131.
UConn Team Leaders
- Adama Sanogo: 17.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 60.2 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (17-for-48)
- Tristen Newton: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.2 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (38-for-107)
- Jordan Hawkins: 16 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 37 3PT% (91-for-246)
- Andre Jackson: 6.8 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (24-for-83)
- Alex Karaban: 9.6 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (60-for-146)
Saint Mary's (CA) Team Leaders
- Logan Johnson: 14.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.8 FG%, 31 3PT% (35-for-113)
- Mitchell Saxen: 11.8 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.2 BLK, 55.3 FG%
- Alex Ducas: 12.6 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (85-for-207)
- Aidan Mahaney: 14.1 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (73-for-180)
- Kyle Bowen: 5.2 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 41.7 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (32-for-84)