Baseball Blubs by Bruce
Wenatchee 5, Corvallis 4 last night
Bellingham (12-5) at Wenatchee (13-8) 7:05 tonight.
Wenatchee vs. Bellingham
Started in 2000
- leads 54-31 overall, 50-29 league and 4-2 playoff.
- leads at home 29-13.
- has a 1-game losing streak and has lost five of the last six.
- at one time lead the series 47-20 (70.1%), but are 7-11 (38.9%) beginning with the final game in 2011.
- has played Bellingham 85 times, the second most games against anybody but Kelowna (102).
- began their storied history by winning the first-ever game from the Bells 2-1 on June 2, 2000 at Joe Martin Field.
- will only play the Bells this one three-game series in 2014.
- won eight straight from B’ham in 2005-06, while the Bells longest winning streak is four in 2000 and 2013.
- Bellingham games have been decided by one run in 13 of the last 31 contests (41.9%).
Wenatchee – 21 games, 13 wins, 112 runs.
Walla Walla – 18 games, 6 wins, 119 runs.
And There is Another One
Ten of the AppleSox 21 league games have been decided by a single run, including four of the six just played with the Knights. Tossing in the 1-0 playoff loss to Corvallis to end last season makes five of seven with the Oregon outfit extended to extra frames..
June 30 Games
Ugh! The last day of June has been a rough one for Wenatchee...they are 5-6. And it used to be worse. They were 3-6, but now have a two-game winning streak. And let’s not even talk league games. Well, now that its come up. The date of June 30 is the worst date ever for the Sox. They are 1-6. And it used to be worse. They were 0-6 and then beat Corvallis three years ago. Thanks to a 4-0 mark in nonleague-home games they are now one win away from .500 for the date. On their home diamond they are 4-4. They have a two-game win streak as after the 2011 Knight victory they knocked off the Portland Dukes two years ago 5-0.
East: Yakima Valley 12-6, WENATCHEE 13-8, Walla Walla 6-12, Kelowna 6-15
West: Bellingham 12-5, Cowlitz 11-10, Kitsap 8-9, Victoria 6-12
South: Medford 12-6, Bend 12-10, Corvallis 11-10, Klamath Falls 7-13
Who’s Hot: Yakima Valley has won 6 straight and 9 of 10. Bend has won 6 straight and 8 of 9. Bellingham has won 4 straight.
Who’s Not: Kelowna has lost 6 straight and 8 of 9. Victoria has lost 8 of 9. Walla Walla has lost 5 straight and 7 of 8. Kitsap has lost 5 straight.
Seven times in 18 games Walla Walla opponents have scored in double figures. Did it again last night Bend 13, Walla Walla 10.
Bend has scored 13, 14, 20 and 13 runs in four of its last five games.
Love offense? Take in a Walla Walla game...average runs combined is 15.4.