With the coronavirus pandemic not slowing down in Washington, many in the Orondo community are wondering how school will operate this coming semester.
All Empire Press coverage of the novel coronavirus outbreak
Waterville School District will have three options for student learning this fall — all of which will begin the year completely online.
Waterville students will have the option of doing their schoolwork completely online for one or both semesters of the 2020-21 school year.
WATERVILLE — The 2020 Waterville community phonebook is now being sold for $5.
Area farmers and employees of Nutrien Ag Solutions were key players in extinguishing a brush fire last week a few miles east of Waterville.
The forests on town property on Badger Mountain may soon be thinned to reduce the incidence of dwarf mistletoe and the risk of wildfire.
With three combines, a grain cart, several grain trucks and a crew of about eight, the Thomsens were working to bring in the wheat crop from fields along Road 3 Northwest about 7 miles east of Waterville.
This is the second in a series of gardening columns by Gloria.
This is the first in a series of gardening columns by Gloria.
This article from the Aug. 14, 1930, edition of the Waterville Empire-Press tells of preparations for setting up trans-Pacific telephone service. What would our forefathers think of our smartphones and internet connections? Read more
It’s hard to imagine Waterville and Wenatchee high school athletic teams playing each other, but they used to back in 1930. This article from the Aug. 7, 1930, edition of the Waterville Empire-Press tells of a successful Waterville game. Read more
Hunting and fishing have long been popular among Douglas County residents as attested by this article from the July 24, 1930, edition of the Waterville Empire-Press. It sounds like at that time residents especially enjoyed hunting game birds. I can envision some delicious dinners with a roas… Read more
The following article, published in the July 28, 1932, edition of the Waterville Empire-Press, tells of a community meeting to make plans for renovations at the Bridgeport School. Community members showed forth their support and contributed what was needed to complete the project. Read more
WATERVILLE — Waterville School is offering free meals for students in the district through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program.
The Waterville School District has been providing supplies for five breakfasts and five lunches for local children every Tuesday since school ended, and the program is continuing this summer.
The Mansfield School Board is looking for a new member following the resignation of Jesse Shafer.
The Waterville High School class of 2020 didn’t walk down the aisle of the gym to receive their diplomas, or sit with classmates in their caps and gowns to hear graduation speeches.
- Opinion | Don C. Brunell: Green New Deal incomplete
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: An opportunity to improve health care for rural communities
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: Legislation would create American Latino museum
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: Rural communities have finally been heard on grizzly bear decision
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: The next generation of hydropower
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: Legislation to address public lands must include debate
- Opinion | Don C. Brunell: Apples, potatoes keys to post-coronavirus recovery
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: Save livelihoods by reopening small businesses
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: Local conservation efforts having big impact
- Opinion | Rep. Dan Newhouse: A Plan for the People’s House