Music Theatre of Wenatchee has enjoyed a tradition of excellent community theater in the greater Wenatchee area since 1961. It is a non-profit enterprise governed by a volunteer board of trustees. Our goal is to provide quality entertainment and a chance for community members to share talents, make new friends, learn new skills, and enjoy the excitement that live theater offers. Here are five things to know about Music Theatre of Wenatchee:
1. From our home in the intimate Riverside Playhouse, MTW brings a full season of entertainment to the area, including hit comedies, melodramas and thrillers. The season culminates with our big spring musical production during Wenatchee’s Apple Blossom Festival.
2. Music Theater of Wenatchee also sponsors the Short Shakespeareans under the direction of Kelly Atwood.
3. Each year we try to fill the fall “slot” with a smaller musical. This year we chose “9 to 5: The Musical,” written by Patty Resnick and featuring music written by Dolly Parton. The show is based on the 1970s feature film “9 to 5” starring Dolly Parton, Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda and Dabney Coleman
4. Our show opens tonight and runs through Oct. 26th, with nine evening shows and four matinees. Ticket prices are $15-$17 with $5 student tickets available the day of the show. If you are under 18 and want to see live musical theater for five bucks, come down the day of the show and grab a seat.
5. The Riverside Playhouse can be found just off Wenatchee Avenue in the PUD parking lot. Look for the signs that say “This way to ‘9 to 5: The Musical.’ ” You’ll be glad you came.