This colorful fall dinner is also perfect for Thanksgiving. Salmon fillets are baked and topped with a black olive and shallot sauce. It’s served with black beans and orange carrots. Shallots are part of the onion family. They are small and teardrop-shaped and are milder than onions.
The trick to cooking this salmon in the oven is to make sure the oven is at temperature before adding the salmon.
To save time, the shallots and olives can be chopped and mixed with the oil and vinegar dressing in the food processor. Remove the sauce and set aside. Do not wash the bowl and add a slicing disk to the processor. Slice the carrots for the side dish.
- Any type of vinaigrette dressing can be used.
- Red onion can be used instead of shallots for the salmon sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven preheats prepare ingredients.
- Bake salmon and make sauce.
- While salmon roasts, make carrots and black beans.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for tonight’s Dinner in Minutes.
To buy: 3/4 pound salmon fillet, olive oil spray, 1 container black pitted olives, 1 bottle low-fat oil and vinegar dressing, 1 can reduced-sodium black beans, 1 shallot.
Staples: olive oil, carrots, ground cumin, salt and black peppercorns.