An interactive look at NCW's past and present.
Know something about the archive photos that you want to share?
Email us at newsroom@wenatcheeworld.com or call us at (509) 663-5161.


The V. L. Garner orchard is shown here from around 1910. It was located on what was then the south end of Fuller Street. Note Saddlerock in the background.

This photo from Feb. 23, 1958, shows the Central Christian Church congregation after the last service held in their old building at the corner of Palouse Street and Chelan Avenue. It was demolished and replaced by construction matching the new wing seen at the left.

A touring car from the Tourist Hotel in Lakeside along Lake Chelan gives right-of-way to a transfer bus coming down from Chelan to Chelan Falls, where its passengers will board one of the Columbia River steamers around 1914. A wagon attached to the bus handles the overload of passengers and …

In 1915, the John A. Gellatly residence along Okanogan Avenue in Wenatchee was acquired by the Methodist Episcopal Church and became the first Deaconess Hospital. A 50-bed, three-story addition at left, was dedicated in 1923 and the former Gellatly residence became a nurses' home and trainin…

Pavilions were part of the Lake Chelan recreation scene for more than 40 years. Three were built in succession in the same area. The first was built in the early 1920s by Arthur Campbell and Joe Carpenter and was dismantled when the lake was raised by Chelan Dam. The second, shown here, was …

In the earlier, 1910 photo, some of Wenatchee's early businesses are housed in a building located at the corner of Palouse and Columbia Streets. Inside are the Wenatchee Steam Laundry, Eilers Music House and Seamans' Cafe. At the time Capt. G. H. McMaster was president of the laundry, which …

The old photograph was taken soon after the Mooney building was built in at 19 N. Wenatchee Ave. between Palouse and First Streets in 1906. It was built by John S. Mooney and housed the Wenatchee Furniture Co until the late 1930s. A physician, D. W. King, and the Western Conservatory of Musi…

Construction begins on a new federal building in Wenatchee on April 19, 1917 at the corner of Yakima and Mission street. The building housed Wenatchee's first Federal Post Office until 1938 when a larger building was constructed just north of it (to the left of the photograph). The post offi…

In 1906, Wenatchee Daily World publisher Rufus Woods called together all the owners of cars in the Wenatchee Valley and had them park on Western Avenue. The dirt road snakes its way south in the distance.

A crowd gathers for a baseball game on July 4, 1899, in the playground south of Wenatchee School that was renamed Stevens School. The baseball game, pitting Wenatchee against Leavenworth was won by the local town 36-13. The school, built in 1893 was torn down in October of 1972 to make room …

What an amazing year for World's Best! This competition has never been as competitive as it was for 2021! The community known competition saw more than 13,000 nominations in round 1 which made up more than 2,300 businesses, people, and places across our community.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Top Stories

NABUR