The Wenatchee World



The latest extended forecast from The Weather Channel

Remove this weather forecast

This Afternoon

Hi50° Decreasing Clouds


Lo43° Patchy Fog


Hi53° Chance Showers and Patchy Fog

Saturday Night

Lo40° Slight Chance Rain then Mostly Cloudy


Hi52° Slight Chance Rain

Sunday Night

Lo41° Chance Rain


Hi53° Slight Chance Rain

Monday Night

Lo40° Slight Chance Rain


Hi52° Slight Chance Rain

Tuesday Night

Lo42° Slight Chance Rain

Dryer malfunction likely cause of house fire

Send to Kindle
Print This

WENATCHEE — Fire that started in a dryer damaged two rooms in a residence on Chatham Hill Road Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 3:49 p.m. at 136 Chatham Hill Road.

The fire began in a room housing a laundry and bathroom, and was spreading to the kitchen when firefighters stopped it, said Cy Sousley, a battalion chief with Chelan County Fire District 1.

Investigators think an electrical problem in the dryer started the fire.

A smoke detector…

View my options or Sign in



We've got special online subscription rates for you.
Get 24-hour access to AND the Digital Edition. Just $12 for twelve weeks, introductory price. Offer only good until October 31.
Wenatchee World subscribers:
Digital access is included with your subscription.
Subscriber login