WENATCHEE — Fire destroyed a camper-trailer in the 5600 block of Squilchuck Road on Tuesday.

At least one person was in the trailer and was able to get out safely, according to fire department spokeswoman Kay McKellar.

The fire call came in at 10:05 p.m. The trailer was fully engulfed in flames when Chelan County Fire District 1 firefighters arrived.

McKellar said a nearby residence was not threatened by the fire.

“The camper-trailer was in the back of the residence. It sounded like a propane tank may have burst and something was spewing out of it,” McKellar said.

No cause has been determined, she said Wednesday morning. Also responding was Ballard Ambulance and Douglas County Fire District 2.

Better than a comments section

Discuss the news on NABUR,
a place to have local conversations


The Neighborhood Alliance for Better Understanding and Respect
A site just for our local community
Focused on facts, not misinformation
Free for everyone

Join the community
What's NABUR?