WENATCHEE — Local auditors will explain changes in voter laws at a 6 p.m. forum Wednesday at the Masonic Center, 811 N. Chelan Ave., Wenatchee.
Chelan County Auditor Skip Moore and Douglas County Auditor Thad Duvall will cover topics including:
- The presidential primary date change from May to March
- Pre-registration for 16-year-olds
- Enhanced driver’s licenses
- ID required to prove citizenship, and how to spot a fake ID
- How auditors ensure people aren’t voting twice
- The division of the Wenatchee City Council into five voting districts and two at-large districts, and how the next census might affect the boundaries
- Temperance and Good Citizenship Day
Chelan-Douglas Republican Women are hosting the event. Refreshments will be served, and pizza meals will be available for $5.
For more information, email Marianne at firstname.lastname@example.org.