NCW — First the big snow came down, then on Thursday so did a very big boulder on Sleepy Hollow Road east of Monitor.
The road was closed until at least Friday when a contractor was expected to break it into pieces and remove it.
Crews are working to keep Chelan County roads clear. For Chelan County traffic alerts and restrictions go to wwrld.us/trafficalert.
Icicle Road is closed at the Snow Lakes Trailhead for snow removal which will continue through Tuesday, according to the U.S. Forest Service.
The Forest Service is advising those planning to ski, snowshoe or just play in the snow to plan ahead and take precautions.
Here are some tips
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions.
- Prepare your vehicle for winter conditions, carry tire chains, and keep a winter weather kit in your vehicle.
- Bring a shovel in case you get stuck.
- Don’t rely on cell phone service.
- If a parking lot or sno-park is full, do not park along the highway, in no-parking zones, or block other vehicles.
- Make sure to have a backup plan if the place you want to visit is full. Consider weekday visits when fewer people are recreating.