I’m Carlene Anders and I’m looking for volunteers for Make a Difference Day. As the executive director of the Pateros/Brewster Long Term Recovery Organization, I need you to spend Saturday, Oct. 25 in Pateros helping victims of the Carlton Complex fires get ready for winter.
Here are five things you should know about Make a Difference Day in the Pateros/Brewster area:
1. The Pateros/Brewster Long Term Recovery Organization is a group of Pateros/Brewster/Methow community members meeting once a week to provide coordination and recovery services to individuals, families and entities impacted by the fire.
2. There are many families that need help getting ready for winter in our area.
3. Most needed on Oct, 25 are post hole diggers and fence menders, (please bring post hole and metal post drivers, rock and tamp bars if you have them). Volunteers are welcome for other jobs, too.
4. Please contact me, Carlene Anders at (509) 733-0318 or Shannon Hampe at (509) 679-6406 before coming. We are coordinating jobs with volunteers before Oct. 25 to make the day go more smoothly. If you have specialty tools for specific jobs, please bring them also.
5. Please bring a friend, leather gloves, wear closed shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather, and a sack lunch and water.
We appreciate anyone who takes the time to come and spend Make A Difference Day with us. You will be making a difference for so many after the difficult summer. Thank you.