Serve Wenatchee Valley is a partnership of Christian churches in our valley attempting to be the hands and heart of Jesus for families in need. Our approach is to realize that each person we meet is an unrepeatable miracle of God’s design, dearly loved by our Heavenly Father, as we meet physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the people we meet.
1. The clearinghouse ministry: Our clearinghouse ministry is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. We have daily referrals for food assistance and contacts for rental, PUD and other financial needs. Our office operates as a referral site to the distribution sites at various churches.
2. Annual events: We host annual events such as a Back-To-School Clothing Giveaway for children ages 5-12 in August, Thanksgiving Food Baskets in November and the Glory of Christmas program assisting families in December. The Glory of Christmas program includes required classes for parents and is aimed at empowering parents to provide Christmas for their families. We also coordinate our valley’s National Day of Prayer service each spring.
3. Affordable housing: Collaborating with Hospitality House we have a Home of Home program which provides inexpensive monthly rentals for homeless families for six to eight months, during which time we provide weekly mentoring contacts. The goal is to help the families prepare for more self-sufficient living situations.
4. Food for families: Our food ministry program offers boxes of food for families to cook in their homes. We make referrals for pick up each day Monday through Friday.
5. Monthly ministry gatherings: We coordinate monthly gatherings for pastors and ministry leaders of our valley in an effort to encourage, resource and unify them in their individual ministries and share in valley-wide activities.
The Community Foundation of North Central Washington and The Wenatchee World are collaborating to spotlight nonprofit groups doing great things. The Foundation is contacting agencies to share their success stories.