ROCK ISLAND — One man was hospitalized Wednesday evening after a propane leak caused an explosion in a travel trailer.

The man was inside a travel trailer at Marine Park in Rock Island when the explosion happened around 5 p.m., according to a Douglas County Sheriff’s Office deputy at the scene.

The man was transported to Central Washington Hospital with severe burns and an elderly woman was transported as a precaution, officials said.

Pete O’Cain: 664-7152

ocain@wenatcheeworld.com or

on Twitter@peterocain

Vote for the BEST between April 21st and May 8th.

By participating, you will automatically be entered into our second drawing for a $50 gift card. Good luck!