MOSES LAKE — The Grant County Health District reported nine additional COVID-19 deaths on Monday, bringing the total up to 176.
Among the nine deaths, eight had underlying health conditions, two were fully vaccinated and all occurred within the month of September, according to a Grant County Health District news release.
The nine deaths include:
- Four men from Soap Lake. One in his 40s, two in their 60s and another in their 70s.
- One man in his 70s from Quincy.
- Two women in their 80s from Moses Lake.
- A man in his 80s from Moses Lake.
- A woman in his 80s from Royal City.
The Grant County Health District delays the announcement of COVID-19 associated deaths to give families time to notify loved ones. The health district also verifies that lists COVID-19 as a cause of death. It does not include those who die in a homicide, suicide or accident. All reported Grant County deaths are verified with the death certificate, according to the news release.