Firefighters remove a smoking press used to mount prints from the Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center Wednesday morning.
According to museum curator Kasey Koski, she thought the press's switch malfunctioned, turning the machine on and burning the protective sheets and foam padding inside.
It was located in a lower level workshop next to pipe organ parts that were removed in the recent remodel. When firefighters arrived, she said she told them to do what they could to save the parts.
Firefighters then carried the heat press outside where they sprayed water on it.