Requirements for a Washington state real estate license
The following information is from the Washington State Department of Licensing. Any person who acts on behalf of a real estate firm to perform real estate brokerage services under the supervision of a managing broker needs to be licensed.
Requirements for the license:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete 90 hours of approved real estate education within 2 years before applying for the exam. This education must include:
- A 60-hour course in Real Estate Fundamentals.
- A 30-hour course in Real Estate Practices.
- The real estate education requirements will be waived for qualified applicants currently licensed in another state.
- Be ready to answer legal background questions and provide documents if needed.
- Submit fingerprints for a background check when you apply for your initial license and every 6 years afterward.
- Pass the broker’s exam.
Reilly Kneedler: 661-5213
on Twitter @reillykneedler