WENATCHEE — It was a sunny August morning and Drew Schick was doing yard work. Headphones on, he adjusted his sprinklers and mowed the grass in front of his home on River Park Avenue in North Wenatchee.
Welcome to the Wenatchee Valley Business World, a monthly business publication covering North Central Washington.
WENATCHEE — An assistant principal, an engineer, a wildlife specialist and a data analyst — this year’s 30 Under 35 class of young professionals come from myriad industries and backgrounds.
ORONDO — At this point, few people have seen it and even fewer have tasted it. But by next year there will be more than 2 million boxes of Cosmic Crisp apples on the market.
Just a few years ago, Midland Trucking would receive a dozen driver applications a week. Then the shortage started.
Eye-On Business Features
- Leffler Field plan falls through; focus shifts to Singleton Park
- Safety concerns raised after crisis center layoffs
- Scintilla Project showcases 10 local artists
- Internet security professional to speak at Wenatchee Rotary
- Homes sales up in September, but down overall
- Port of Douglas executive director to take consulting job in Olympia
- Douglas County Fire District 2 wins $1 million grant for new firefighters
- Chelan County PUD approves strategic plan
- Judge overturns Black Rock approval
- Chamber hosts forums for Wenatchee, East Wenatchee city, school races
- Waste Management transfer station reopens after August fire
- October’s First Friday | ArtWalk explores other-worldly realms, with more treats than tricks
- Photo: Installing corbels at the Conrad Rose Mansion in Wenatchee
- Chelan County PUD to hold public meetings on fiber expansion
- Ag Monthly | Wenatchee exported a record-setting $638 million of goods in 2018
- Business Roundup | Cashmere Mill Site dedicated
- Sebastian Moraga | Chamber offers fourth year of Careers After School
- Cheri Kuhn | Cure for the common phone