CHELAN COUNTY — Consumer spending typically fluctuates over the course of a year – without the added layer of economic impacts limiting household cash flow and global pandemics barricading shoppers at home, stuck in the hamster wheel of online shopping. Wenatchee Valley Business World zeroed…
Welcome to the Wenatchee Valley Business World, a monthly business publication covering North Central Washington.
It has been exciting to read about the progress Douglas County PUD has been making toward its Wells Hydrogen Project and the possibilities of our region accessing federal funds under the Department of Energy’s regional hydrogen hubs initiative. While some people in our state may just be begi…
Douglas County PUD is vying for a slice of potentially $1 billion in U.S. Department of Energy funds, which will be allocated to back regional hydrogen hubs nationwide.
EAST WENATCHEE — Douglas County PUD’s hydrogen production facility, located in the Baker Flats industrial area north of East Wenatchee, is slated to produce hydrogen by June 2024 — allowing Douglas PUD to harness its excess energy from the Wells Hydroelectric Project to produce and sell hydr…
NORTH CENTRAL WASHINGTON — Coworking spaces – a niche within the traditional office space market – offer those without an office cubicle, or in need of escaping one, community and Wi-Fi. Wenatchee is home to three coworking spaces: Mission St Commons, at 218 S. Mission St.; Mercantile, at 14…
Powering up: Wenatchee’s Residence Inn sees value in electric car charging stations; utilities are interested, too
When Residence Inn by Marriott opened its doors in October 2021, Wenatchee’s first extended-stay hotel debuted not only its on-site Orchard Bar + Bites restaurant, Apple Capital Loop Trail adjacent location and bike rentals; the hotel also boasted sustainability measures, with four publicly …
EAST WENATCHEE — The East Wenatchee City Council on Jan. 3 approved entering a memorandum of understanding with the Douglas County PUD to launch an electric vehicle pilot program.
WATERVILLE — If you stop by Highway 2 Brew Espresso, you can get energy for yourself as well as your electric vehicle.
WENATCHEE — Stranded Tesla drivers seeking a charge while passing through the valley may find refuge at Warm Springs Inn & Winery.
Predicting the future is hard. So is running a small business. Just ask the business owners we reached for their ideas about what 2023 looks like in their parts of North Central Washington (plus one bonus chamber of commerce), in their patch of the commercial fabric of the region we all call…
Jodi Johnston, owner of Bubbly by Cake Chic at 614 Riverside Drive, Wenatchee, reflected on the store’s first days as she looked to the future.
Michelle Mires, who is entering her sixth year owning Auntie Bling’s Attique, said she feels hopeful as we enter the third year since the pandemic began.
Furballs Grooming recently opened in May and owner Brittany Washburn hopes to see her business expand in the course of the coming year.
Mima Cole is the creator and owner of Mima’s Famous Salsa, a family-operated business selling salsas in Entiat, Chelan, Cashmere, Orondo, Manson, Leavenworth and Wenatchee.
Beth Hammerberg owns Down by the River Lavender, a lavender farm at her home in Entiat. She sells lavender-infused soaps, cleaning supplies, candles, essential oils and more. She has been running the business with the help of her family since 2016, frequenting farmers markets and growing her…
- Local single family home sales decline but inventory remains tight
- WSU researchers present new WA 64 apple in Rock Island, Quincy
- Ford strikes deal with Tesla to gain access to rival charging stations starting 2024
- People, places
- Boeing to build new 'Phantom Works' facility in St. Louis for future military aircraft
- Amazon workers plan walkout over return to office, layoffs
- Fitting a niche: Coworking spaces create office environments outside the traditional cubicle
- People, places
- Amazon unveils new gadgets as AI race heats up
- Stunted wheat crops are turning blue in drought-ravaged Kansas
- La Terraza, un evento anual por el Consejo Empresarial Hispanohablante ocurrirá el Sabado
- Why so many electric car chargers in America don't work
- Robots are coming for your love life
- An alley for the ages: Eastmont Lanes evolves over the decades, survives pandemic with community support
- Wells Fargo to settle shareholder class-action suit for $1B over scandal recovery claims
- See clearly: Advances in eyewear
- Specialty crop producers seek farm bill recognition, support
- Musk nabs ex-NBCUniversal ad chief Yaccarino as new Twitter CEO