CHELAN — Lake Chelan’s reputation as a getaway destination has served it well.
Welcome to the Wenatchee Valley Business World, a monthly business publication covering North Central Washington.
WENATCHEE — Childcare could be one of those “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” chapters in the successful reopening of the economy.
WENATCHEE — Workers looking for jobs, or a new career, have opportunities this summer in what is currently a hot job market.
WENATCHEE — The dental industry has undergone a dramatic transformation as providers in the valley and across the state financially recover from the COVID-19 pandemic under new protocols and expectations.
WENATCHEE — Literally rooted in the cycle of seasons, the agriculture industry and change remain close acquaintances.
WENATCHEE — Drones, sensors, optical scanners and robots already are part of the tree fruit industry, helping boost yields, assure quality and streamline costs.
WENATCHEE — Leo Garcia and Francisco Sarmiento have watched orchards evolve with more than a passing interest going on three decades.
WENATCHEE — Our Valley Our Future’s Housing Solutions Group released a study back in 2018 that included 18 recommendations for “common sense” changes to help solve the Wenatchee Valley’s housing crisis.
WENATCHEE — Builders are booked and likely to stay that way, say housing industry representatives.
WENATCHEE — Wenatchee Valley’s home building industry was poised to take off when the pandemic hit last spring.
COVID-19 is the “elephant in the room” when it comes to talking about 2020’s economic performance — and expectations for 2021, says Don Meseck, the state’s regional economist who covers Chelan and Douglas counties.
Strong working relationships, local decision-making and a community commitment put Confluence Health front and center in 2020 to help North Central Washington cope with the pandemic.
Wenatchee Valley business leaders anticipated good things happening in 2020.
EAST WENATCHEE — In some ways, mining Bitcoin is like drilling for oil.
- SBA sets up easier PPP loan forgiveness application portal, helpline
- Group looks to form art alliance in Wenatchee
- Chelan company purchases KOZI and KZAL radio stations
- Pybus announces more summer arrivals and departures
- Pop-up market celebrates female-owned businesses
- Fiestas Mexicanas delayed another year, scouting new venue
- Wenatchee considering updates to Okanogan, Orondo and Methow intersection
- Old News | From The Wenatchee World archives: 1,000 to attend Alcoa picnic; Electric train era ends; Chelan County PUD OKs rate hike
- Why glass recycling could be phased out in East Wenatchee
- Opinion | Rufus Woods: WVC classes collaborate to help 9/11 Spirit of America effort
- The pandemic spurred the expansion of outdoor seating, but now what?
- Business Briefcase
- Short-term rental draft code tweaks continue | Decision possible at July 27 meeting
- Heat wave, drought create disruptions in agriculture market, production
- Wenatchee Valley home listings continue to drop while prices increase
- Yakima boutique hotel to be under Hilton brand come fall
- Old News | From The Wenatchee World archives: Rail project to connect Wenatchee and Oroville; Cost Cutters Toys to open; fire reported at Grand Coulee Dam
- Migrant deaths in the desert at record levels as heat wave pounds West