Sitting on his porch and surrounded by pear trees, David Nierman recounts his family’s history in between sips of apple juice.
Welcome to the Wenatchee Valley Business World, a monthly business publication covering North Central Washington.
WENATCHEE — It was a sunny August morning and Drew Schick was doing yard work. Headphones on, he adjusted his sprinklers and mowed the grass in front of his home on River Park Avenue in North Wenatchee.
WENATCHEE — An assistant principal, an engineer, a wildlife specialist and a data analyst — this year’s 30 Under 35 class of young professionals come from myriad industries and backgrounds.
ORONDO — At this point, few people have seen it and even fewer have tasted it. But by next year there will be more than 2 million boxes of Cosmic Crisp apples on the market.
Eye-On Business Features
- Eastside getting new Migrant Seasonal Head Start early learning center
- Opinion | Rufus Woods Data shows Blue Zones could help us enhance well-being in NCW
- Pybus Holiday Artisan Fair will be Nov. 23
- Chelan hearing examiner approves compost center
- GWATA will host Agtech panel during Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Port of Chelan approves Lineage purchase and property tax hike
- Census: Most NCW farms are family-owned and less than 50 acres, but vary widely in sales
- Colville Tribes’ planner named state’s new tribal liaison
- Wenatchee Valley Brew Pub is for sale
- RadarStation in search of a new home
- Planned power outage will affect 700 in Peshastin this afternoon
- Report: Wenatchee area No. 10 in the nation for Halloween-related businesses
- NCW Fair in the hunt for a headliner
- Court hearing set for Leavenworth Adventure Park
- Visconti's building production facility to support its restaurants
- State sends $200k to expand student career opportunities
- After 70 years, Chelan County's oldest flower shop is at risk of closing
- WSU extension hosting seminar on apple roots' defense from soil pathogens